Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Want to Trick-or-Treat at my place?

Note: This blog was originally published on my MySpace blog, September 20, 2007.




Starting October 1st, I'll be having a Halloween party on my site. Right now, the home page features my introduction, and a random piece of cover art every time you visit. On October 1st, the decorations go up, and I'd really like you to ring my bell and show me your costumes. If you do, they'll go in that spot where my cover art usually resides.


There are lots of ways to do this:


If you're comfortable—or if you have a really great mask—send me a picture of yourself in costume or (mmm) cosplay.


If you're a writer, send me a "scary-fied" version of one of your book covers. An easy way to do this is to wash the image in red. For example, my uber kawaii and heart touching True cover would have a transformation like this:



But if you've got other ideas, run with them. I'm aching to see how creative you can be. Animations work for me!


If you're an artist... hell, you can do just about anything as long as it's Halloween themed. Dress up a favorite character in another favorite character's clothing, or create a new image just for the occasion. Personally, I'd like to see one of my own characters in costume, but what writer doesn't adore having someone do fan art for them?


Ohhh, and plushies. Would love to see some plush madness. I have a Gaara that loves to cosplay.


If none of the above appeals to you, try sending me a picture of a hand-carved jack-o-lantern. Thanks to Eric Arvin, I've got a renewed interest in them.


The rules and details:


The image has to be in .jpg, .gif, or .png format. It has to be at least 500 pixels high and no more than 400 pixels wide.


If you want, print a message on the picture. It can say Happy Halloween, Trick-or-Treat, your website address, your tag, etc. Just don't, you know, swear at me.


No nudity.


The picture must belong to you. If it's a book cover, it has to be your book cover. If it's a person in costume, it has to be you in the costume. I'm giving a little leeway with the fan art and whatnot because it's Halloween and it's all about the cosplay, but no ripping off someone else's stuff and saying it's yours.


To enter:


Just email the image to mcbride_rowan@yahoo.com with "Trick-or-Treat!" in the subject. The images will start going up October 1st, and I'll keep accepting them right up until Halloween.


Have fun!


[edit] Remember, it's my prerogative whether to put your image on my site, so don't be offended if I feel it's inappropriate for reasons not listed above [/edit]

No comments:

Followers