Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gaara of the Sand & Funky Hat

Note: This blog was originally published on my MySpace blog, April 3, 2007





You never know when you're going to make a friend. I started out writing stories for free on a forum (on which I still have unfinished stories I fully intend to complete), and a person from that site wrote me one of my very first fan letters. Since then we've become good friends, and we're also both fans of anime. Two among many we are watching right now are Naruto and Bleach.


So my friend sent me a box, and this box contained gifts. One: An uber kawaii scowly Gaara plushie (from Naruto). Two: Urahara's hat (from Bleach). Gaara is one of my fave characters ever, and every time I see Urahara, I say, "Man, I gotta get me a hat like that." I won't go into here how unabashedly *ecstatic* I was to get both of them (mostly because it's just embarrassing).


Life was good. Life was even better when I discovered how cute Gaara looked in the hat. Not just cute. Cuteness of DOOM.


You've probably already guessed that I've formed an unhealthy attachment to this doll. But there was only one way to share Gaara's CoDoom with the world. I had to get his picture taken.


That's when I met Johnson. Very, very cool guy. I thought for sure I was going to catch a hard time for wanting to get Gaara photographed, but Johnson ran with it, and I think he had almost as much fun as I did. Plus I made a new friend at a totally random time and place! Bonus!


So thanks to John, who bought me the presents. And thanks to Johnson, who made Gaara look phenomenal in all his scowly glory.


Check Gaara and his funky hat out in my photos section! Let me know what you think. :)



-- Rowan

No comments:

Followers