Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sleepless

Note: This blog was originally published on my MySpace blog, November 23, 2007




Earlier this week, I got an idea for a new story. I'm really, really tempted to pursue it, but I've got edits and revisions and three novels that are actually close to being finished, and I knew it wouldn't be a good idea at this time. Whenever I start something new and have the bad judgment to announce it, I get a flurry of emails from readers asking (sometimes begging, sometimes demanding) after a favorite storyline or character. It can get ugly, and these days I try to stay focused on the worlds I live in right now.



That said, I did write the first two chapters this week. Just so I wouldn't lose the feel for the idea and the characters, you understand.



The new book's called Sleepless. Because it's so far from being finished and because it's fairly low on the writing schedule, I probably shouldn't get into it too much yet. But I'm totally in love with the main character, and this week I took a crack at drawing him. He didn't turn out how I have him in my head—looks much younger, for one—but I still like the image. Sleepless (the main character) is followed and worshiped by creatures called Shades. For the most part they look like wisps of night and shadow, but they can put a wicked hurt on you if you piss Sleepless off. I tried to put them in the picture with him.



One of my darker stories, definitely. Much fun.



Sleepless is currently hanging out on my DeviantArt site at http://rpm77.deviantart.com/art/Sleepless-70447620. Drawing is still really new to me, but if you check him out, let me know what you think!



I hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend. I'm writing this blog at midnight because I got to spend Thanksgiving with an assortment of vibrant and eclectic relatives, and now most of them are asleep. That turkey, it'll get ya.



Even if it's not a holiday where you are, I hope you're doing well, and that you get to spend time with good people.



Okay, I'm being a little sentimental. Can I blame that the turkey too, you think?



Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Followers