Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blood equals Smex

Note: This blog was originally published on my MySpace blog, .




I like to think most of my characters are pretty sweet. I've been told by more than one person that this just isn't true, so that probably says something about me right there.

But sometimes, gawd, I just want a hardcore blood=smex yaoi that makes my heart race.


Sadistic Seme: 1. A ridiculously hot guy who enjoys putting a little hurt on the love of his life. Said love will usually (eventually) adore him for it. 2. Teh smex.


In my anime, I always go for the sadistic seme. I don't know what the hell that is—if I ever ran into one in real life I'd either kick his ass or run the other direction, depending on his skill level and mine. But, holy crap, in anime and video games I almost always go for the most psychotic character in the series. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy), Light Yagami (Death Note), and Seishiro (Tokyo Babylon and X/1999), just to name a few.

In my own stories, I don't think I've written a genuine sadistic seme yet. Probably the closest I've come so far is Walker Cain. But while he does put a bit of a hurt on Joel, Walker is a little too erratic in his methodology. In my mind, a sadistic seme is deliberate with his actions, hence the scary/sexy vibe they give off.


My all time favorite sadistic seme would have to be Akabane Kuroudo, of GetBackers. Tall, dark, deadly. Rocks an utterly massive hat that only he could make look cool. He's polite, well-spoken, ruthless. If he doesn't like you, it's generally a quick death. If he DOES like you, then you're in a busload of trouble because he'll want to play.

I get shivers just thinking about him. There's something really wrong with me.

Wrong or not, I made an AMV (anime music video) featuring Akabane, as well as the poor shmuck he's set his eyes on. I had a lot of fun tinkering with this, as well as a heap of frustration since it was my first time playing with Adobe Premiere. But if it turns you on to a certain sadistic seme, then it was worth it. ;)

Note: I don't own the music, I don't own the anime. This is a purely fan-made video and intended for fun, not profit.


If there are problems with the above video, check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfabdbHCkFI, but be sure to click the high quality button if you can. Hope you like the vid!

2 comments:

meia_ran said...

ahh i like ur amv.. i didnt give getbackers a good try before(only watched first 3 eps) now i think i will watch the series .. i havent read any of ur books yet.. but i look forward to enjoying them XD

Rowan McBride said...

@meia_ran - I almost didn't give GB a chance for that exact reason, but then Akabane showed up in ep 4 and I was hooked. :)

Hope you like my stories. If you go to http://rowanmcbride.com/stories/, there's some free stuff at the bottom of the page if you'd like to get a sense of my style before buying.

Followers