Thursday, March 5, 2009

Down with OTP (yeah, you know me)

Note: This blog was originally published on my MySpace blog, October 16, 2008.




First, I have to apologize for the truly awful title of this particular blog. I seem to be getting worse and worse at this. :)


Second, below is a clip from a random IM conversation I had with Katrina Strauss the other day. I edited our screen names, so "R" stands for "Rowan" and "K" stands for "Katrina."



R: hey, who's your number 1 otp?
K: seph x cloud, baby.
K: opens the door for all sorts of dark, twisted, noncon lovin' lol
R: haha
R: that's def a good one
R: omg, love that scene where seph appears in Advent Children
R: it's so flirtatious
R: in a 'you might die from my lovin and i'm okay with that' sort of way...
K: lol
K: yes it's very sexy when he tells clouds it's been a while
K: it's like, a while since what? we want to know!


OTP stands for One True Pair. Nearly everyone I know has one—mine is Byakuya x Renji. The appeal of my OTP is similar to Katrina's, in that I adore that Blood=Smex hawtness. It's not cannon and it's probably very, very wrong, but I can't help it. I get thrills whenever I see them together.


The whole conversation was so much fun. Now I'm dying to know—What's your OTP?


A hot and sanctioned couple like Katou and Iwaki?


Is it a pairing that will never, ever be cannon (er, Spock/Kirk comes to mind) but is wicked fun to imagine?


From anime/manga? From movies/TV? More traditional media?


Tell me who. Tell me why. If you have more than one favorite pairing, share the love. Byakuya x Renji is my OTP, but Chris x Darien in Jet Mykles's Heaven Sent series still make my toes curl. Rock star, hot British lawyer… I didn't stand a chance. ;)


Can't wait to see your responses. I'm always curious about which characters people pair together. Every once in a while someone shares one I'd never considered before, and I'm exposed to an entirely new world of hawtness.


And, really, who couldn't use more hawtness?






Note: Many of the original MySpace links have been changed to make surfing easier on this portal.

No comments:

Followers