Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Unexpected praise for a homeless book.

Note: This blog was originally published on my MySpace blog, July 25, 2007.




I was Googling myself earlier (gaw, that sounds dirty, doesn't it? I was fully dressed, I swear), and stumbled across a review for True that came out just before Twisted Shift closed. It got 4.5 stars from Ecataromance: Sensual. So bittersweet.

Elise Lyn said I had a "fertile imagination." Heh, more dirty thoughts. I must be in a mood tonight.

She also had this to say:

Short and Sweet but quite complete, Rowan McBride's True will leave you satisfied and yet looking for more stories of the Novahn.

You can't ask for more than that. Except, maybe, a publisher...

I think I'm going to view the shot glass as half full on this one.


If you'd like to read the full review, check it out at http://beta.ecataromance.com/?p=29.

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rowan! Found you off Literotica & am such a huge fan! I want to read True so badly :(((( Can I just send you money for the PDF or something?? Seriously.

Also, on a completely different but slightly related note, the twistedshift.com URL appears to have expired & is now linked to a webpage in Japanese...

Rowan McBride said...

@Anon - Wow, yeah. Twisted closed a long time ago, so that doesn't surprise me. I'm going to disable the links in the above post asap.

But fear not! I'm currently reworking "True" into a longer story and hope to be done with it soon! If you'd like to be notified of story/writing updates, please join my low-traffic mailing-list/newsletter at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rowan_mcbride/.

I also have a website at www.rowanmcbride.com. There're more free stories at the bottom of the Stories page.

Hope that helps. XD

Followers