Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wishful Thinking - Self Portrait

I always wonder what people think of me the first time they meet me in real life. I've had fans believe to the core of their being that I'm one or another of my characters, and that can be intimidating because they never pick the ones that are messes (Ace, Nick). They always seem to think I'm Paul or Charlie (Paul's Dream, Flow). It doesn't help that every once in a while I do have a moment of bonafide cool, but said moments usually cost me mad cool points and I have to spend weeks, even months recouping.

At any rate, I drew a rough comic depicting how I'd like to be and how I am. Sort of. Posting it below. :)


Wishful Thinking by ~rpm77 on deviantART


***


Note: For those who didn't get a chance to read it, "Flow" is a story that was originally up at the Evolution Forum. I've since taken it down because, pending massive rewrites, I've gotten permission to submit the story to a publisher. While I'm daunted by the prospect of writing what will essentially be a whole new book, I'm also wicked excited. :D

3 comments:

Jennifer Leeland said...

Well, I write BDSM and I actually resemble a female version of Santa Claus...without the facial hair. (I shave, damn it.)
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Rowan McBride said...

@Jennifer Leeland - You just gave me a really weird image of Santa with a whip. I mean, he probably has a whip stashed away in his sleigh somewhere, yeah? Just in case the reindeer start to fall behind schedule or something. And being around as long as he has, he's probably thought of *other uses* for said whip, right?

I think I just murdered my own childhood in one paragraph. O.O

Kim said...

Thank you foor sharing

Followers