Tuesday, November 24, 2009

So, Rowan. What have you been doing with your spare time?

If you caught my recent interviews at Rain on Roof and Reviews by jessewave, you know I mentioned that I was taking a break from writing to recharge. Here are some of the things I've been doing:



  • Pulled the trusty Casio keyboard out of the closet. Hadn't touched it for years. This turned out to be a problem because apparently I'd left the batteries in there and they did the leak/rust/mold themselves into the inside thing. It took three hours, but I was able to get it clean enough to take new batteries.


  • Got a Wii Fit. Am now addicted to Rhythm Kung-fu. I probably take it waaaaay too seriously.


  • Experimented with creating a bit of stop-motion animation.


  • Watched all twelve episodes of Black Blood Brothers.


  • Read volume 1 of Xxxholic, Tsubasa Chronicles, and Legal Drug.


  • Created a hand-drawn animation for my mother: Dancing Figurine.


  • Had a relatively minor surgery, which put a stop to Rhythm Kung-fu for at least three weeks. lol.


  • Currently recovering from said surgery. :)




So that's everything I can recall. I haven't been writing a lot, but easing back into real life has opened up some interesting conversations with my muse, so I feel like good things are coming. Plus, I might have a fun blog event coming with some friends of mine, so cross your fingers for that. :D

5 comments:

Katrina Strauss said...

Glad to hear you've enjoyed a much needed refresher course in non-writing life! You need to get video of you belting out retro 80s jams on the Casio!

Anonymous said...

That's odd... you left out helping me pick out flannel pajamas. I'm sure that was just an oversight and not on purpose.

Rowan McBride said...

@Katrina Strauss - All I know are a couple of classical pieces, "Mary Had a Little Lamb," and "Three Blind Mice." Oh! and "Heart and Soul." :D

@jenniferleblanc - I'm trying pretty hard to block that entire incident from memory. O.o

Unknown said...

I went out and watched the figurines.....very pretty and very graceful! And I'm impressed w/ your fortitude in cleaning out the battery damage. Good luck!

Yuma Carpenters said...

God bless

Followers