Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Heh. Limericks.

Haven't been online much because the fam has descended. I'm talking parents, grandparents, cousins (and their families), aunties, uncles, brothers, nephews, nieces. If they don't drink, they shoot, if they don't shoot, they cook, if they don't cook, they dance, and if they don't dance, they, uh, write, I guess. We all, without exception, play dominoes. This is the state of my life at the moment.

I totally missed the start of the Goodreads M/M Romance Group 1-year Anniversary Celebration. I would have missed the whole thing if I hadn't received an email letting me know it was time for me to mail out a prize I'd donated. But thanks to that email I got to drop in on some of the fun. I even got to play in a limerick contest yesterday and it floored the hell out of me to find out via another somewhat random email that the little sucker made first place. I chose Lynn Lorenz's "Pinky Swear" as my prize, so assuming no one snapped it up before me and assuming I picked from the correct prize list, I'm looking forward to a good read.

The celebration's still going on. Drop in and have some fun. Also, if you have a minute, pray for me.

Posting the limerick below. The prompt was "Pain."


There once was a heart in my chest
Until you ripped it right out of my breast
Now there's no dawn
As the pain writhes on
You stole my love *and* my death

2 comments:

Chris said...

And you won on your very first post to the group! Congrats. :)

Sending you fortitude to survive the family.

Rowan McBride said...

@Chris - Thank you! And now I must flee.

Followers